Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snack Tower of Literary Saltiness







I tossed. I turned. How to kick-off that first post? Get it out of the way? Why do the floodgates get padlocked whenever you push & press? Then like those mirage-y things in the desert, I saw it. The Snack Tower. & it wasn't in the desert, no, but in Roger's Market in Mountlake Terrace.


That's it! This humble/modest/timesuck blog is a literary snack tower. It doesn't have to be only potato-y. It could be about self-publishing and the fun(ny) upheaval in the publishing industry. And e-readers vs. independent bookstores. Whatever I wanted. The writing life in general. It could be potato-y, pretzel-y, and cheese puff-y -- the flavors slightly different from each other, yet still, very very salty. The snack diversity only makes the tower stronger.


Yes, it makes perfect sense, this is the way to go. A mix of interviews, book events and random musings/observations peppered with semi-civil outbursts. I invite you to walk under the snack tower and explore the sodium-heavy literary world with me. I can't promise there won't be any empty calories but I guarantee we will push boundaries, buttons, envelopes. There will be colorful foil bags & hydrogenated things. Grab a pinwheel, we will take this journey together...














No comments:

Post a Comment